I am always looking for more ways to use up my sourdough discard and this was no exception. It was the perfect opportunity to not only use up my discard but to also use up the homemade cashew milk.
These vegan pancakes have become our family favorite.
1 1/2 Cups Cashew Milk
1TBS Apple Cider
125g Sourdough Discard
20g Vegetable Oil
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
125g All Purpose Flour
125g Oat Flour
1TBS Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1) Take cashew milk and add to it the apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for10 min.
note: this is your nut based buttermilk.
2) After 10 minutes add the rest of the wet ingredients, mix to combine.
3) Measure and mix the dry ingredients.
4) Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix to combine and allow it to sit for 10-15min.
note:If the batter seems a bit too stiff add more cashew milk to achieve the consistency you are looking for.
5) Heat (medium) up your nonstick pan or griddle and measure out 1/4 cup amounts of batter. Cook until bubbles appear on top and then turn it over. Cook until golden brown.