Updated: Feb 12
Here is a recipe that I first got acquainted with when I was in the baking/pastry program. Meet your very best friend, the cookie you have been longing for but never had. This cookie is soft and yet fudgy and the addition of a simple whipped cream cheese is the perfect balance of creamy and decadence.
340g Semi sweet Chocolate
4 large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
60g Cake Flour (sifted)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
30g Cocoa Nibs
Cream Cheese (room temp)
**Chocolate used here is "Guittard" brand.
**Preheat oven 325F
**Prepare your baking sheets with parchment paper.
1) Sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt then add the cocoa nibs. Mix and set aside for later use.
2) Set up a double boiler and melt together the chocolate and butter. Allow it cool for a bit.
3) Now in your stand mixer, whip up the eggs and sugar until you achieve the ribbon stage, then add the vanilla.
4) Now add the cooled Chocolate mixture (90F) to the whipped eggs. Mix to combine.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir it in with a spatula. Be cautious to not over mix. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes undisturbed.
6) Using an ice cream scoop, portion (26-28g) onto your lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Make sure to not over bake, its best to pull them out of the oven when there is crumb structure and the center is slightly under baked.
7) Eat them as is or spread room temp cream cheese and make a sandwich cookie.
**You can also use chocolate ganache, buttercream, or even jams for the fillings.
**Sandwich Cookies are only good on the day they are prepared.